Man, I gotta brew something!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphys_Law

Reaction score
I’ll be darn if “life” didn’t get in the way (not to mention winter!) and I haven’t brewed since early September and I’m itching to make something!

I picked up some yeast and I was going to make a pretty basic ale on the stove top with stuff on hand this weekend but my garage door opener had other plans for me...

Well, new garage door opener installed so maybe I can get ‘er done next weekend! I am leaving on vacation soon so timing may not be in my favor, though.

I’m sitting in the garage with a cigar and a glass of wine just looking at my gear thinking, “I miss you!”

I got back into brewing by teaching someone new to it, and I've only been brewing with him. Then he started working weekends. I used to do 3-4 gallon stovetop batches, so I actually got back into that recently. Been great so far!

I know the feeling. I usually don't brew during the summer months because it can get pretty hot out here in northern cailfornia, & i have no way to control the temp in my house. ( since i don't have AC.) So late october to early may is when i do my brewing. I call it brewing season. Which drives my wife crazy. During summer i get that same itchy feeling. As brewers we get this uncontrollable urge to create our next amazing beer.

Between the cold weather and being sick for 6 weeks, my pipeline is dry. I’m feeling better now, it warmed up to about 35* today but the wind was blowing gusts up to about 20. I decided to wait...

Latest posts

Back