Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet it was an electrical issue. They can be quite nasty. I don't know what pieces of equipment are on which busses in the 777, but its incredibly possible that a bus fault was created by a problem with the transponder or ACARS that killed the other.

I really like the pilot's opinion on Wired, Occam Razor after all, usually the easiest most likely answer is the right one.

I think the thing that's irritating me the most is how every time the media talks about the copilot, that show his mosque or make a reference to his religion. Not all Muslims crash planes, not all Christians bomb abortion clinics.

They better find something soon before the black box pinger battery dies. 30 days? You'd think they could put a better battery on that thing unless it's an iBlackBox.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't know. I think that in case of fire someone would have been able to send a radio distress. It would take like 5 seconds.

It doesn't quite make sense to me either. It's not completely plausible to me that the fire takes out all the comm systems, two systems that allow the plane to be found, but it's still able to fly for 7 more hours.

Here's a Pilot's guess/opinion on what happened.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

That is a very interesting theory, but the latest information I have been hearing is that the plane had already made the turn before the last ACARS transmission at 1:07 and the last voice transmission 12 minutes later. It seems that if they had turned towards the nearest runway due to fire, the voice transmission might have included something about that.

That is a very interesting theory, but the latest information I have been hearing is that the plane had already made the turn before the last ACARS transmission at 1:07 and the last voice transmission 12 minutes later. It seems that if they had turned towards the nearest runway due to fire, the voice transmission might have included something about that.

If that's true, it throws a lot of theories out the window.

That is a very interesting theory, but the latest information I have been hearing is that the plane had already made the turn before the last ACARS transmission at 1:07 and the last voice transmission 12 minutes later.

I've seen conflicting reports about whether the plane had actually turned before the voice transmission or if the course adjust was programmed before the voice transmission...

when the plane is found, I wonder who will be the first to say. " I told you so"

4765hv.jpg

I read this theory earlier today, and it seems plausible to me.

Ya, I think I'm going to have to go with that theory too, it sounds the most reasonable. Though it also seems rather bizarre, I mean we're talking about a plane full of dead people flying for 7 or 8 hrs on autopilot till it goes down in an extremely deep part of the ocean; possibly never to be recovered or found.

Back