Making one gallon of a bochet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveBaker

Reaction score
First time making a bochet, its bubbling away on the stove top currently - any spice recommendations for secondary? Or just leave it plain? Looking forward to the taste of this one!

Vanilla? Not a spice but what about coconut? Also not a spice but what about either roasted cocoa nibs (chocolate) or for a more chocolaty flavor chocolate malt (as in malted barley)?

Orange zest (dried or fresh) could be tasty. Maybe along with some cinnoman. Basically anything you find in the BOMM thread would be good for spicing.

If this is your first bochette then go plain. The sweet smokyness is interesting and you will appreciate it for its own flavor. After your first batch of flavor you’ll have a better appreciation of what flavors might go well with it. Right now I’ve got a blackberry bochette going.

If this is your first bochette then go plain. The sweet smokyness is interesting and you will appreciate it for its own flavor. After your first batch of flavor you’ll have a better appreciation of what flavors might go well with it. Right now I’ve got a blackberry bochette going.
Yeah i was thinking of doing half plain and the other half with cocao nibs and vanilla

Back