making my first Cider brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a sanitizer solution?

At BK, where i unfortunatly work, we have sanitizer for the sinks. Its like powdered bleach and stuff. As long as it dont get into the cider, should be fine?

I love this guy (in a totally brotherly sense)! He's brewing w/the ingredients at hand, with off the Wal-Mart shelf equipment, and he's making cider that he likes. Sure his technique could be updated, but it still works! I reminds me of those wacky Belgians who like to break every "rule" in the brewing book and end up with some of the most mind blowing beers around. ("Con-tam-eenation? Pardon monsoir, what ees that?") :fro:

Bubbles are basically stopped... I just Siphoned it into a clean container, then ran it threw a double layered coffee filter into another clean container. its nice and clear.

Added in a pinch more of sugger, and put it into about 10 used and cleaned water bottles, capped off, and there stuck under my bed for me to forget about for a week or two.

Taists ok. not as good as it was, kinda off-taisty, and tingey. Loads of alcohol though.

Cant wait till my **** comes in the mail monday and tuesday. going to make some real ****.

You may want to check those bottles regularly. I doubt fermentation is completely done, and having added the sugar may restart fermentation. Those bottles under your bed could blow............

I doubt theyll blow, there plastic.

Ever make a dry ice bomb?

Take a bottle, half fill it with water, drop a chunk of dry ice in it, and toss it...

Itll expand to about 4x its origional size before it explosivly explodes.

Ill be careful, i promise! Checked it today, still has soe squeeze left in it.

YMMV? whats that?

This thread gets me thinking .. Is there other easly obtainable off the shelf products that can be made into a sweet alchoholic beverage? Maby like table sugar or molassas?
Devon

djamwolfe, I was thinking the same thing!!

I was going to try a small (about 1pt or so) batch of molasses "mead".... no honey, just molasses and water and yeast (plus nutrients, acid blend, etc as needed).

This is essentially how some rum is made, from what I have found in my "research"... but without distillation, I am thinking of calling it "Rum in the Raw" or something similarly catchy :drunk:

Then perhaps a molasses/honey hybrid-mead concoction...

Who knows from there...

-Rich

Well, first batch turned out ****ing nasty, jus like everyone said it would...

Hats off to you all!!!

started a batch of real ****, and..it actually smells appealing...

Oh, and this thread got the most views!

Latest posts

Back