Make, Keg, and carbing question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So I'm going to dedicate a keg for soda so I don't run into any issues with off flavors. Any special considerations on cleaning other than what I would do for my beer kegs? Any recommendations on a good rootbeer extract? What kind of PSI for a set it and forget it, 30? Length of line and serving pressure? If I carb at 30psi, drop to 12 psi for serving and leave at 12psi will I loose carbonation over time? Is there a way that I can hook a single regulator up to 2 kegs as long as I'm ok with having both at the same psi? I would like to have my beer and soda on tap at the same time so I don't have to move the gas line from one keg to the other every time someone wants something different. Thanks for the help.

So I'm going to dedicate a keg for soda so I don't run into any issues with off flavors. Any special considerations on cleaning other than what I would do for my beer kegs? Any recommendations on a good rootbeer extract? What kind of PSI for a set it and forget it, 30? Length of line and serving pressure? If I carb at 30psi, drop to 12 psi for serving and leave at 12psi will I loose carbonation over time? Is there a way that I can hook a single regulator up to 2 kegs as long as I'm ok with having both at the same psi? I would like to have my beer and soda on tap at the same time so I don't have to move the gas line from one keg to the other every time someone wants something different. Thanks for the help.

Can't help much on the questions specific to soda, but you can absolutely run 2 (or 3 or even 20) kegs off a single tank and regulator. You just need to split the gas-line with little T-shaped hose-barbs or a manifold and you can connect how ever many kegs you want (as long as you don't mind them all being at the same pressure, as you mentioned.)

Airline-Tee-1.4-th.jpg

Back