Make Beer, not Molotov Cocktails...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to say that I'm shocked but I'm not. Not that there aren't good Chicago cops but you do hear about alot of bad ones.

Dude can buy/build the ultimate brew rig after the lawsuit though.

Three of those arrested are currently being held on terrorism charges. Sounds like there was more than home brew there after all.

Hear this all the time when it comes to the occupy movement. Even more now since the NDAA and the Anti-Protesting Act (H.R. 347) have become laws. If they deem you a terrorist, which can occur if you are just protesting in front of secret service or the white house or if you are missing more then 2 fingers, then you can be arrested without a warrant and held for as long as they wish to hold you. But the cops were pretty dumb when it came to this one. Can you imagine trying to throw a full carboy? lol

BrewingViking said:
Hear this all the time when it comes to the occupy movement. Even more now since the NDAA and the Anti-Protesting Act (H.R. 347) have become laws. If they deem you a terrorist, which can occur if you are just protesting in front of secret service or the white house or if you are missing more then 2 fingers, then you can be arrested without a warrant and held for as long as they wish to hold you. But the cops were pretty dumb when it came to this one. Can you imagine trying to throw a full carboy? lol

Seems this thread should probably be moved to the debate forum...

That said, pretty common for preemptive arrests with trumped up charges to occur prior to big protests to cut out momentum from the protestors. Once the event being protested is over charges end up dropped. Methinks the homebrewing stuff is within that context.

I read piece in last Sundays tribune about the Illinois aclu having legal observers @ the demonstrations to report civil rights violations. And that other legal groups are going to provide assistance to demonstrators if they need it.

Perhaps I was a little preemptive. Sounds like three of these guys really are ********.

beergynt said:
Perhaps I was a little preemptive. Sounds like three of these guys really are ********.

+1 those dudes r totally hosed.

bleak said:
Why are they picking on us? It's the winemakers we should all be afraid of.

Well its probably because most of us are mad scientist engineers walking on the line between the perfect beer or a new super mutant wmd lol

Back