Mail-in Entry to HBT Giveaways??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilconrad

Reaction score
So I'm confused about the mail-in entry option for the HBT giveaways that have been hosted here of late. Why does this option exist? And why do people prefer to use it rather than simply posting to the thread as an entry? Presumably one would need a mail-in option if they did not have access to the internet, but if you don't have access to the internet, how'd you find out about the giveaway? And why are you paying to be an HBT member? Can someone set me straight? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

You can't enter through HBT.com without being a paid subscriber. You can enter the contest thorough the mail though...
That's it.

Ah, so you don't have to be a paying member to enter through the mail? I didn't realize that, makes sense now, thanks!

I presume this is due to some BS law that says you can't require people to be paid members in order to join?

I'm guessing legally they need a "No Purchase Required" way of entering the contest; hence why you see every other contest with the same option.

Back