Magnetic Labels for Keezer tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarter5251

Reaction score
So I am thinking about making magnetic labels for my keeper tap handles, which are something along the lines of this:

81npWI6R-QL._SL1500_.jpg

I have been playing around with Illustrator and so far I have this design for my orange ale that I made recently.

I like the looks of it, but was wondering if anyone can think of anything that might make it look even better?

Thanks in advance!

Handle Label.jpg

Looks pretty good that way. The shape resembles a glass, so I wonder if putting photo realistic beer topped with foam in the background instead of the gradient blue fill to make it resemble a branded pub glass would snazz it up a notch.

That could work too. I'm leaning towards a nautical theme with the labels so as an alternative I also have this one. I'll toy around with the glass idea too though

Handle Label3.jpg

Those are very nice.
Are those flexible magnets printed with your design? How much do they cost?

I have only brewed 2 beers multiple times. One a pale ale that I made 4 versions so far and another brown ale that I have also made 4 versions. None were exactly the same. 2 of my 93 batches, so I would have needed 89 different labels...

If I label them at all, I just print a label on paper and slide it in a plastic sleeve taped to the side of my fridge just above the tap.

They are printed on magnetic photo paper and come out to about $0.30 per label.

dumb question but how are they attached to the wood handles if they're magnetic?

I painted a few coats of magnetic primer onto the tap handles for the magnets to stick to. It doesn't feel like a super strong attachment, but they are pretty hard to get off, so they seem to stick pretty well despite my first impression of it.

I painted a few coats of magnetic primer onto the tap handles for the magnets to stick to. It doesn't feel like a super strong attachment, but they are pretty hard to get off, so they seem to stick pretty well despite my first impression of it.

Curious if you're still using the tap handles? I bought a kegerator a couple of months ago and have been trying to figure out what to replace the handles with. Looks like you started with something like this? Added the primer and printed out the labels?
Thanks for the great idea and any help you can give.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back