Made my first equipment purchase!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazzBarlow

Reaction score
I found these on Craigslist (all 5 for $50) and I pounced on it!

100_1294.jpg

Razz

Luckyyy! So you haven't bought anything to actually brew with yet? You'll be glad you jumped on that...it's a hell of a deal. Congrats!

Now you have an excuse to start brewing...alot!

Luckyyy! So you haven't bought anything to actually brew with yet? You'll be glad you jumped on that...it's a hell of a deal. Congrats!

Now you have an excuse to start brewing...alot!

I'm just getting started in this obsession. I have been lurking, trying to learn, learn, learn before I start accumulating my brewery setup. I have found a HBT member that lives very close to me who has offered to show me his process. I do plan on taking advantage of his generosity.

Razz

Did I mention that the admission price for coming over tomorrow is 2 corny kegs? Might have forgotten to mention that part...

I actually have some equipment I no longer need, you can take a look at it while you're here :)

In San Diego, it's rare to find anything on craigslist for less than what I would pay on the internet. I've yet to see a keg fo less than $40.

That's what I'm talkin' about! I bought 7 carboys for 5 bucks each, 186 Grolsch bottles for 40 bucks... buying new is just fricken silly.

I was looking for kegs and found 4x50L Sanke for FREE, but the bugger got rid of them before I could show up.

I must not have checked Craigslist that day, otherwise those would have been mine :D

They were listed yesterday. He had them listed strangely. He didn't use the words "keg" or "cornelius" or anything like that. He had them listed as "stainless tank/water container". I was browsing looking for a stainless brew kettle (or something I could convert) and happened to click on it. He wanted $12 a pc or $50 for all 5. He lives in Poway and I work in Rancho Santa Fe, so I called him and said "I'll take them all, I'll be by in about an hour"

They're in pretty good shape, look like they haven't been used in years, so I will probably have to replace some seals etc... We will see after I give them a good cleaning.

Just lucky, I guess.

Razz

Nice grab, boss.

I ended up getting my kegging setup (20# CO2 tank, 1 corny, regulator, and all the hoses) for $100 from a mostly wine-making shop, but they do stock some beer stuff. I jumped on it faster than a ... uh, never mind. @_@

Latest posts

Back