Lurker no more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowblind5150

Reaction score
I've been a member here since April and have looked up info on the forums for a while before that. I'm hoping to be more active on here and most importantly brew more.

I homebrewed with a co-worker about 10 years ago, but SWMBO did not want me to make beer at home since she does not like the smell. Over the years, we finally got to the point where I could afford the gear to home brew. I bought a starter kit in January 2009 and have probably made about 6 or 7 batches since then.

It seems like I'm so busy I can't justify brewing until I look at my supplies and think, "Oh, crap! I'm going to run out of beer before another batch will be ready."

Over the next year or so, I would like brew at least one batch per month so I can have some variety on hand.

I have really enjoyed the information available here and hope I can contribute something useful.

If anyone is in the Durand, WI area, let me know. I would love to have a brew buddy. Besides, all beer is better when it's consumed in company who appreciates beer.

Welcome! I brewed many times with a friend who doesn't drink. Sometimes it's fine, other times I could use a bit of concentration, which is hard when he is constantly talking about OT stuff, and he never really got into the process enough to help with the hard part. A brewing buddy who can appreciate the art would be a nice change.

Oh yeah, 5150!! :rockin:

I hear you. There are times I just wish someone would take care of all the scrubbing, but I guess that's the price of admission.

I am a recovering lurker too. After gathering knowledge from the site for the last couple months I finally joined about a week ago. Good to see I am not the only one.

Back