Lurker coming out of the closet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedly

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have been lurking here since early January. My wife got me a True Brew kit for Christmas and I spent hours researching the brewing process before I started. It came with an Amber Ale kit and I probably spent a good 4-5 hours hovering over a dinky 6qt pot (the largest we had), sweating a nasty boil-over that would cause the SWMBO to take back my present!

I have had a blast learning about brewing and brewing my own. Ive now got 3 batches under my belt and have had more fun with each one. Ive upgraded my gear a bit to a 5 gal pot and 2 fermenters. I have been reading tons and tons of threads about rigs here and over at theelectricbrewery.com. Im hoping to do the all electric thing, although I have to admit that I get the feeling it may take a year or two to get it together considering my current finances.

I am a big high-gravity fan and love darker beers. I can usually be found with a Barleywine or a Porter in my hand. I do like IPAs, but am not much of a hop-head.

I have been stunned by the depth of knowledge on these forums and figure that if I want to start getting serious about this hobby I need to find some like-minded souls to learn from.

Back