LT interview for new Blitz game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
This was a part of an interview on espn.com with Lawrence Taylor. He's the spokesman for Blitz II. The best part of the interview was his answer to this question about when he broke Theismann's leg:

ESPN: How big of a role did the whole Theismann hit play into that fear factor?

Lawrence Taylor: I did Joe Theismann a favor. He was on his way out. I gave him a new career, he went into the booth, he had an insurance policy ... he should be a happy man. [laughs] I called him up the day afterwards at the hospital to see how he was doing. I get him on the phone and he's bitching and moaning about how I broke both bones in his leg and I told him: "Listen Joe, I don't do anything halfway." [laughs] We have a good relationship, but I made him famous. I still see the commercial where he talks about breaking his leg. You didn't break your leg, I broke your leg.

lawlz!

He didn't do us any favors, we've had to listen to Theismann for over 20 years now.

Back