Low OG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSamu

Reaction score
I am using a Truebrew Kit October fest. The begining gravity should have been 1.040-1.042. Mine was 1.030. What will happen to the brew. Did I not boil long enough I boiled longer than the directions said. Instructions said 20-30 min I boiled 45. There is slightly more than 5 galons though not exactly sure how much mayby 1/2 inch above the mark will this take away the taste? Can I add anything at this point. It is 3 days in the primary. and Bubles have stopped. or should I just leave it a month and go from there. :tank:

Was this a partial boil using top up water afterwards? If so, it's just that the top up water didn't mix well, no worrys, it's near impossible to miss OG with an extract brew if you used the right amount of water.

What was the temperature when you took the reading? The extra water will certainly effect you gravity reading, but hard to say how much.

It was 88 degrees they said to wait until it was under 90 degrees to pitch the yeast. Thanks for the info.

Back