Lots of patience and research = a great homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncredibleMulk

Reaction score
As a relatively new brewer I have spent a ton of time on this site as well as with my head in books and going through videos. I obsessively read about and sample beers, I talk about it to anyone who will listen and have spent way too much money on gear and ingredients. I've been happy with my brews so far, they have all been good and I (and my friends and family) have enjoyed them. That being said, last weekend I opened up the latest one to be ready to drink and felt just like a proud papa again! It was honestly one that I was AMAZED at the flavor, aroma and look. I have wanted everyone to taste it and was quite sure that it would be enjoyed by most!

This was a kit from AHS (Samuel Adams Boston Ale Clone) and I used much advice that I have gotten from this site. I used a much longer primary time, longer time in the bottle and many other little tidbits that I have picked up. I'm very thankful to have had this site and all of the much more knowledgeable brewers to help guide me through this obsession.

I've got two more brews in primary right now (as well as EdWorts Apfelwein since 11/21) and three more just waiting for a brewday. Good stuff, just wanted to share a success story and give a thanks to you all who help and ask questions.

Happy New Year! :mug:

Congratulations on your success. I just opened one from my first batch last week. It was a Brewer's Best kit. Turned out good. Friends and family enjoyed it. I, like you, try to read all I can about this hobby. I have learned alot here. Next week I will open a Brandon O's Graff. Currently I have a two hearted clone in the primary, and am trying to decide what to brew next. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Steve

Congrats!!!

I can't say enough about HBT myself. This site has been wonderful, so much information, advice and knowledge.

Happy New Year to you all and may 2010 bring many more "Great" brews to your lips.
:ban::tank::mug::rockin::drunk:

Welcome, as a nOOb myself I find lots of info on this site, also they are quick to respond to any questions, my first batch is in primary (2 weeks now) so i'm just waiting for the goodness to roll in, Have a kit from ABHS on deck waiting for primary to open up...

Back