Lost my recipe - any idea 5lb wheat and 5lb 2 row

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlewolfrus

Reaction score
So a little while ago I got 5 pounds of wheat and 5 pounds of 2 row milled into the same bag for a recipe which I have now forgotten and can't find. I also bought an ounce of Hallertau which would have been my primary. I have a bunch of half used hop packages so I probably would have added more than an oz to the recipe. I also bought Safale US 04 and US 05

I have a bunch of accent grains too so I probably have something on hand.

Anyhow - does anyone have a decent recipe? I normally wing it if this happens but thought I'd see if there's anything out there.
Thanks!

You have a base recipe for a wheat beer, but have two different yeasts.
Use US05 as your fermenting yeast. Mash your grains at 152F-155F. Boil the wort and 2oz Hallertau hops for one hour and you will have something close to an American-style wheat ale.

Last edited:
You have a base recipe for a wheat beer, but have two different yeasts.
Use US05 as your fermenting yeast. Mash your grains at 152F-155F. Boil the wort and 2oz Hallertau hops for one hour and you will have something close to an American-style wheat ale.

And if you have on hand a half pound of chocolate malt you can add it to the mash to make a simple but damn good Dunkelweizen
:rock:

Back