Looking for Pineapple habanero blonde/pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epond83

Reaction score
As the title says I'm looking for a recipe for a Pineapple habanero blonde or pale ale.
Something not to hoppy and adds a nice little spicy tingle to the lips.
Probably start with a 1 gallon batch.
All grain or extract is fine.

I haven't made 1, but I used Google with the search term "Pineapple Habanero Pale ale recipe 1 gallon" and another search with "Pineapple Habanero blonde recipe 1 gallon" and came up with several recipes. Try that and look at those recipes to see which you might want to try.

I've done a few fruited/hot pepper beers now and one thing for sure is you have to back off the IBUs quite a bit. With the heat from the peppers and acid from the fruit, you really don't need a third "sharp" counterbalance to sweetness.

9LB 2Row Brewer's Malt
2 LB Vienna
Mash hot at 156F

1 oz Willamette at 30min for about 15 IBU

3-5 pounds of Pineapple puree into the primary (pour directly in at yeast pitch assuming it's aseptic (bagged or canned).

1 pack of US-05

I add the peppers in a mesh bag directly into the keg with a length of dental floss tied to it so it can be retrieved. Two small Habanero sliced thin is all I use and they stay in the keg for about 6 hours only. If you don't keg and need to bottle, I'd make a tincture with the same amount of peppers soaked in 2oz of rum or vodka and then dose that into the bottling bucket until it hits the heat you want.

Back