Looking For One of These

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zibe

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new fermentation option and found exactly what I need here:

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1436362997.037751.jpg

Problem is they come from China and I can't find much info. If the specifications on this chart are mm's then I think the 300*300*300 would equal to 7 gallons

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1436363166.503185.jpg

Anyone ever seen anything like this available in the US? I sent an email to the company but haven't gotten a response as far as price or shipping cost. The key features are stainless, 7 gallon volume, and the flat sides (that's crucial for my needs). Any help would be appreciated. I've googled and can so far only find them on that site and alibaba which might have a huge minimum order.

Check out WebRestaurantStore.com. They have all kinds of containers but not sure on that specific one. Your example appears to be similar to the food grade plastic containers sold at most kitchen stores. Those should be easy if you are ok with food grade plastic. You could use something similar to below if you don't mind a rectangle instead of a cube. You stated that the requirement is flat sides.... This one in specific comes out to 7 gallons. It is the same size as the "full size" steam table trays so you can use one of their lids. It will not be an air tight seal though.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/stainless-steel-steam-table-spillage-water-pan/92299765.html
409050.jpg

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/vol...eel-steam-table-hotel-pan-cover/92277250.html
446716.jpg

Thanks debrewer I had actually seen those (although not the specific one you sent which is far cheaper than the ones I saw) that is my fall back if I can't get the cube or not for a good price. I like the handles on the other one and the fact that it comes with a lid. Probably have to go with the steam table one appreciate it

So... you're looking to ferment in a metal box with a loose-fitting lid? I'd just use my boil kettle – you use that thing, you're gonna brew some square beer, you'll never get it into round kegs or bottles!

I would use a kettle to ferment but I wanted the flat sides to mount a Peltier device like the morebeer conicals but if it's a round surface I'd have to get an aluminum block machined to fit the kettle which would blow the budget. You mean they don't make square kegs????

Holy cow that's awesome.

It is a well packaged solution. They had a display at Blue Bonnet in Dallas this past year and I was able to take a closer look at it. Pair that with their "blanket" and it should be a decent solution. I am not so sure how efficient it will be at crashing or low lager temps but the principal is there. On the flip side, you could buy a small freezer and a cheap temp controller for the price of 1. Definitely geared to the space conscious.

Yeah I've looked into those and have been debating on how or if it can be diy'ed but I figured if the morebeer conicals can use external it must be viable and I'm only looking to knock down 15 degrees or so for ale temps I currently use a fermentation chamber but if I can shrink the footprint and not have to change ice bottles twice a day it'd be nice. I'm just researching components now to check cost before moving forward. I actually like the square shallow fermentation so that doesn't bother me.

Ok say I wanted to make my own brewjacket type chiller as I've been contemplating as well any ideas? Obviously a Peltier, heat sink, and fan up top. But would a Peltier chip attached to say a small aluminum block which had say a 3/4 hole drilled in it with a stainless 3/4 inch rod going in the beer? I know aluminum and copper are better conductors but not good in long contact with beer. What about instead of stainless rod a capped/sealed stainless pipe filled with some type of glycol solution? Maybe I just need to buy the Peltier cooling package and experiment. Maybe I just need to stick with changing ice bottles twice a day. Maybe I just need to make saisons. Maybe I just need to buy all my beer. Maybe I just need to drink bud light........SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU COMPROMISE!!!!

Back