Looking for kegged water recipes (non-alcoholic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnam

Reaction score
Hi, I've decided to do a 30 day no alcohol challenge. I currently mix bourbon and water in a keg and put it on tap. I'm looking for something not alcoholic to add to my water (minimize the calories please). My first thought was Apple cider vinegar but i read that too much ACV isn't good for you. I like lemon and or lime but not sure how it would taste after a couple weeks in a keg. Maybe green tea or some other teas would be good?
Any ideas?

Hi, I've decided to do a 30 day no alcohol challenge. I currently mix bourbon and water in a keg and put it on tap. I'm looking for something not alcoholic to add to my water (minimize the calories please). My first thought was Apple cider vinegar but i read that too much ACV isn't good for you. I like lemon and or lime but not sure how it would taste after a couple weeks in a keg. Maybe green tea or some other teas would be good?
Any ideas?
Hibiscus and water! Can’t go wrong there

Actually you can. Dried jamaica ranges from tart to bitter, which is why you add sugar. Depeonds on age, how clean it was picked, etc. Rolling the dice there.(although the stakes are pretty low admittedly) Whats more reliable is hibiscus tea, the tea makers check their flowers to avoid bitterness.

Id also say mix regular black lipton ice tea bags with some flavored - but not sweetened- tea bags. Raspberry, peach, lemon, orange, pomegranate, etc. Just stay away from the flowery ones and use the fruit ones.

Black tea if you want caffeine, white if you dont really want any. Green doesnt work well though in my opinion.

You’re making unsweetened flavored tea. Super simple. No calories.

Actually you can. Dried jamaica ranges from tart to bitter, which is why you add sugar. Depeonds on age, how clean it was picked, etc. Rolling the dice there.(although the stakes are pretty low admittedly) Whats more reliable is hibiscus tea, the tea makers check their flowers to avoid bitterness.

Id also say mix regular black lipton ice tea bags with some flavored - but not sweetened- tea bags. Raspberry, peach, lemon, orange, pomegranate, etc. Just stay away from the flowery ones and use the fruit ones.

Black tea if you want caffeine, white if you dont really want any. Green doesnt work well though in my opinion.

You’re making unsweetened flavored tea. Super simple. No calories.
This has never been my experience ever and I’ve bet you I’ve made over 300 gallons of this. My wife’s family owns a restaurant and has a hibiscus spritzer. We make it with 3oz/gallon of Jamaican hibiscus (wholesale), a small amount of lime juice and water. That literally it. Never bitter by itself and slightly tart which is a desirable flavor. Then it’s mixed in margaritas, seltzer, club, sangria or by itself.

for the record, lime has sugar. so you're adding sweet and sour.

we have a quarter hectare where we get ours in Baja. aqua frescas. salsas. beer. etc. last I recall we were getting 3 kilos a month, more in the summer when we make our Berliners more often. when we looked for suppliers the growers gave us a tour to show they are the "best" local growers, etc. showed us different batches that had gone bad for one reason or another and what the effects are, etc. its not hard to understand.

but just to be clear- we know that the way hop flowers are grown, harvested, picked, processed and stored can greatly affect their flavor ....but your opinion is that hibiscus/jamaica/sorrel flowers are immune to these effects?

cool.

well, its a free country. (mostly). believe what you want to believe, no sweat off my back.

This has never been my experience ever and I’ve bet you I’ve made over 300 gallons of this. My wife’s family owns a restaurant and has a hibiscus spritzer. We make it with 3oz/gallon of Jamaican hibiscus (wholesale), a small amount of lime juice and water. That literally it. Never bitter by itself and slightly tart which is a desirable flavor. Then it’s mixed in margaritas, seltzer, club, sangria or by itself.

Could u give me the recipe for the spritzer?

Latest posts

Back