• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for keezer or kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmendo2005

Reaction score
Looking for a kegerator or keezer, to fit both home brew and commercial kegs. Really any size, hoping for something that keeps the kegs cool, also don’t have kegs. So the type of kegs that it works with being included would be really nice. Price is the biggest factor looking below 400-450. Thanks.

Looking for a kegerator or keezer, to fit both home brew and commercial kegs. Really any size, hoping for something that keeps the kegs cool, also don’t have kegs. So the type of kegs that it works with being included would be really nice. Price is the biggest factor looking below 400-450. Thanks.

That is a good budget- you could potentially find a new chest freezer for like $200 or a scratch and dent upright for loke $250-$350. (Check the big box stores and try to negoiate- uglier the damage cheaper you can get it!)
Get a $30 inkbird temp.controller.
Then you could add some used kegs or maybe even new kegs- maybe 2?
Used may be cheaper but with new you can expect a little longer life.
That's just my 0.02. Good luck!

That is a good budget- you could potentially find a new chest freezer for like $200 or a scratch and dent upright for loke $250-$350. (Check the big box stores and try to negoiate- uglier the damage cheaper you can get it!)
Get a $30 inkbird temp.controller.
Then you could add some used kegs or maybe even new kegs- maybe 2?
Used may be cheaper but with new you can expect a little longer life.
That's just my 0.02. Good luck!

Thank you, how difficult is it to build one? I’ve never had any experience

i fit 6 in my refrigerator, got it at a yard sale for $150, but they only wanted $85.....drilled some holes in the door for taps, cut a piece out of the grommet for the co2 line....

edit: and lifting a commercial keg over the wall of a chest freezer would be hard....

Last edited:
i fit 6 in my refrigerator, got it at a yard sale for $150, but they only wanted $85.....drilled some holes in the door for taps, cut a piece out of the grommet for the co2 line....

edit: and lifting a commercial keg over the wall of a chest freezer would be hard....

Agree for 1/2 barrells and maybe 1/4. But a 1/6 should weigh about the same as a full corny.

Back