Looking for ideas for a new kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice

Reaction score
I have a very unique opportunity to create a unique kegerator and I am looking for ideas. The important part is that my wife has signed off on the idea and while she thinks I a bit odd, she is supporting this idea. We have a 15+ yr old dishwasher that we both hate and to be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time it was used. It is going to pulled out and replaced by a built in under counter kegerator. There is also a useless soap dispenser built into the sink right next to the dishwasher and it is going in the garbage as well. My plan is to build a small custom tap tower and mount it to the sink using the hole previously occupied by the soap dispenser. This eliminates the need for a drip tray and since I can use the depth of the sink during pours, the height of the tower can be minimized to keep the system less obtrusive.

My opportunity is that I am an engineer for GE Appliances and we have a very unique facility called FirstBuild. It is a well outfitted maker space and micro-facotry. This is where I have been able to rebuild most of my brewing system using water jet and laser cutters as well as a powder coat system big enough for a small car. This is also the facility responsible for the Opal ice maker https://nuggetice.com/ and Paragon cooktop https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paragon-induction-cooktop#/ I have already been down to First Build pitching my idea and they are very excited. The team has been struggling to come up with a beer related idea for the past year and they like this. This could end up being a built in kegerator with a remote tap tower so that it could be installed in your kitchen, bar or man cave.

I would like to hear your crazy ideas as to what should be included in a kegerator. Some of the ideas we are already kicking around are: beer remaining measurements either by weight or flow meter, CO2 remaining - by weight, disabling flow to prevent unauthorized users, and beer line chilling to minimize first pour foaming.

glycol cooled lines. Seriously, as a buddy has his kegerator in basement with a run upstairs to his old soap dispenser at the kitchen sink (also 4 taps), it works well.

Go for three taps with one for Nitrous. One of the taps could be for carbonated water...

Number of taps will most likely be determined by how many kegs I can get in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back