looking for hard iced tea/twisted tea recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vin6543

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has a good hard iced tea or twisted tea recipe. I'm new to home brewing, but drink allot of twisted teas and was hoping to make something similar.
Thanks for your help!

Those products aren't brewed, they're manufactured. You can attempt to brew something from scratch but you'll probably have better results making it the same way the commercial producers do and add flavors & sweetener to an alcohol base. They are classified legally as "malt beverages" for tax purposes. An unhopped, squeaky clean "beer" is made and then ultra filtered to make a water-clear base. Various flavors, colors, and sweeteners are then added to produce the desired final beverage.

If you still want to make one like a beer I'd suggest searching "hard lemonade" recipes and sub tea for the lemon ingredients. There are several hard lemonade recipes that have positive feedback.

Yooper has a good hard lemonade recipe, I read some people added tea to it and they liked the results

Are you referring to Kombucha? Honestly, you'd be better off just mixing a cocktail if you're looking for a traditional iced tea style with some kick. Just my .02

http://skeeterpee.com yeah I'd defintely go with this. I got a batch going right now. Dont see why you can sub or better yet add tea to the must and make hard Arnold Palmers. Make a few gallon test batches with varying concentrations of teas til you find what you like.

20160408_102808.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help! I think Im gonna experiment with skeeter pee and yoopers recipe to start.
If anyone has any other suggestions they are also greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Yeah, I have done the lemonade thing its pretty good and mixed with 50/50 tea and all of that. Just didn't know if hard tea was a thing.

Back