Looking for easy drinking Pale Ale DME recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
Just looking for a decently mild Pale Ale recipe. I've always used LME but want to try DME this time to see if I can get rid of that underlying flavor. I'm an IPA guy but the lady of the house has been begging for me to make a beer she can drink. I'll be making a 10 gallon batch, Thanks guys!

Aim for 1.045-1.048 OG
for 10 gal:
1/2 oz magnum @60 min
4 oz mosaic flameout or hop stand
4oz mosaic dryhop
us 05, bry 97 or any other clean american yeast
Its my "crowd pleaser american pale ale" here, you can also go classic with chinook cascade or simcoe amarillo if you want a bit more citruss- grapefruit profile.

Aim for 1.045-1.048 OG
for 10 gal:
1/2 oz magnum @60 min
4oz mosaic dryhop
Its my "crowd pleaser american pale ale" here, you can also go classic with chinook cascade or simcoe amarillo if you want a bit more citruss- grapefruit profile.
Thanks I'm going to give this one a try! Just picked up all the fresh ingredients!

Aim for 1.045-1.048 OG
for 10 gal:
1/2 oz magnum @60 min
4oz mosaic dryhop

I wanted to ask, when do you dry hop? and after how many days do you keg or bottle? Thanks

I wanted to ask, when do you dry hop? and after how many days do you keg or bottle? Thanks
Looks like you are somewhat new to brewing? Since all DME beers are so easy I would suggest cutting the recipe down to 2.5 gallons to see if you like it. Using 100% Mosaic hops may be ok, but using a combination of hops may be better.
Since you wanted "easy drinking", perhaps a session IPA recipe would be what you are looking for.
Note that extract doesn't have to be boiled, you can make a "hop tea" while you are heating up your brewing water to just below boiling, then toss in your flameout hops.
I usually don't like all extract brews, but when I use a large amount of hops I don't notice the extract taste.
I like to put the dry hops in when the fermentation is about 2/3 done.
I use a metal dry hops cylinder and if I'm using a large amount of hops, I'll re-use the dry hops (in the boil) in another brew.
Bottling or kegging can be done when the fermentation is finished which should be determined by gravity readings.

I let it ride about 13 days before cold crash, and I dry hop from day 9-13, so the last 3 or 4 days before coldcrashing. Let us know how it turns out and if you liked it. I have also dropped the hops 5 point before finishing it so the oxygen I introduce gets "eliminated" by the fermantation, but that increases the dry hop to 7-9 days, I havent picked any grassiness so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back