Looking for advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcook73

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the brew scene, just moved up to the "steeping" level.
I'm wanting to do something with Orange and Honey, but not sure where to start. I've been using Brewers Best kits (opinions please on their quality and if there are any comparable compnies/kits ) ..
What is better/easier ..Brown, or Wheat ..and what is the difference in difficulty if any? I'm planning on kegging it, so if there's one that works better in a keg, please add that info too.

Thanks for all the advise ..

I've never brewed a brown but with a wheat, it can be kegged at 2 weeks and drank 2 days after kegging it's a quick beer. Very easy to make as well, hard to screw up. BB kits are ok I guess, you will move on from that soon enough, I've made real good beers from BB kits.

I am a zillion miles from an expert but if you want to use the honey and orange I would go with a wheat. I have never used honey but I brew a wheat that I put 1/2 oz of Mccormicks valencia orange peel in with 5 mins left in the boil. it comes through very nicely but not over bearing.

Back