Looking for a fresh cider source in greater Seattle area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epond83

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good source of fresh cider this year to make a batch of hard cider. I live in Duvall, but willing to drive a bit for it.
Any idea out there?

Thanks for the search term, "cider mill" didn't come to mind.
I suppose I could have specified a little more also, fresh cider isn't hard to find and you kinda pointed out.
In the past I found Brown snout and Franklin cider to mix with more standards, I'm trying to find a better source of these good hard cider varieties.

Cider mills press apples for "table cider". The varietals change as the season progresses. Good cider can be made from any of them if you're willing to adjust acid and tannins of your final product. I have one local mill here that does a once a year pressing for hard cider makers. It's usually the 2nd week of November after the Granny Smith's are ripe. You can take a road trip come apple season and visit various mills in your area and ask. A side benefit is that most orchards sell pies and apple donuts that time of year too lol.

Or join a local brew club, they would know the best sources.

Back