Looking at going E-BIAB single vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone;

I have been looking at updating my brewing system and going from the boil pot and cooler to an E-BIAB system, I have it down to two different systems The high gravity wort hog, and Clawhammer supply single vessel....

I see that both have the 120 and 240 volt variants....and what appear to be simple to use systems for mashing and boiling. I do know the limitations to the 120 volt on how long it can take to get the water to temp and to boiling so a definite short coming to the lower voltage, and our house doesn't have electric dryer hookup (we have gas)...

I have read a ton here and everyone has great things to say about both systems. So while I hash this out in my mind does anyone else have any suggestions I even looked at the Brew Boss but the cost to get everything needed seems a little steep in comparison to the other two...Again any help greatly appreciated.

Even though I mostly brew 5-6 gallon batches, I got the 10 gallon High Gravity system for those times when I want to brew more. However, I personally didn't want the 120v system as I just don't have the extra time it takes to get to mash temp, then mashout and then to boiling. Even warming water to do a cleanup would take extra time that I just didn't want to spend. For me, I figured, 'all or nothing' and I'm glad I did.
I still brew mostly outdoors (covered) and ordered a long enough power cable so that I can move indoors if desired. I also looked at many other systems and thought about waiting for SS Brewtech but felt High Gravity gave me more bang for the buck and their customer service is awesome!

Ron, I made the move from the stovetop to the ebiab. I was able to do 10 gallon batchs from the 5 gallon kettle, not biab,but partial mash and different amount of dme or lme.The beer room was upgrade to all electric brew house ,inspired by brutus 20 ,thank you lonnie mac.I got 2v , 15gallon ebiab,..i have 1300 into the first batch, the savings really started when you buy bulk grain.I diy my 2v system with bobby great customer service. Yes my rig is 2v. I got 1300 into in it 2v,.. My brew days 3.5-4 hrs

i JUST ordered the SS brewtech and need to grab a false bottom and bag to get brewing. 240v is the ONLY way to go for eBIAB imo.
all these systems look pretty nice. I also liked the Unibrau which offers 120v, dual element 120v, or 240v.
if you're gonna spend the money I think having TC fittings is nice tho not necessary.

Back