Look Pic! Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimand

Reaction score
Idk take a look

IMG_0356.jpg

Looks like yeast particles to me along with some left over krausen and CO2 . If it were infected, the biggest clue would be smell and taste.(believe me, you will know ). So how does it smell / taste?

OK, I studied the picture and all the related data in detail, and I have a question: Why do people pronounce the second S in Kansas but it becomes a W in Arkansas.

(your beer looks fine to me. You've got a few yeast cells doing the backstroke in there, nothing new).

passedpawn said:
OK, I studied the picture and all the related data in detail, and I have a question: Why do people pronounce the second S in Kansas but it becomes a W in Arkansas.

(your beer looks fine to me. You've got a few yeast cells doing the backstroke in there, nothing new).

Because the people in Arkansas think themselves much more continental than Kansans.

My Falconer's Memorial Red Ale looked just like that when I opened it to dry hop this afternoon. No worries whatsoever.

^ how is that helpful.

its fine, I call them yeast islands, some call them yeast rafts or floaties. they still freak me out sometimes until i look more closely. it just indicates not all of the yeast have settled yet and there is likely some fermenting/clean up going on. they tend to clear up around week 3. leave it a little longer, if they hang around after week three with stable gravity readings I cold crash to hurry things along.

I disagree! I think that may not be simple yeast floaties... I think that there may be some HOP RESIDUE involved, as well!

Heh, sorry. Bottom line - this is totally normal.

Latest posts

Back