Longshot Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew212

Reaction score
Anybody hear anything about the results of the Longshot competion? I had a beer entered but have heard nothing...

I haven't heard anything either. Finalists and semifinalists have already been announced. If I don't get any feedback in return, I won't enter anymore. I'd rather keep it vs let someone drink it and tell me nothing about it. First time this has happened.

I picked up one of the 6 packs that were made up from some of the winners. I thought the Pineapple IPA wasn't very good. The American stout was my favorite out of the 3.

I have tried them all not to long ago and they, IMO, were all terrible. Feel bad saying that but if those were the winners then the runners up must have been really bad..

So have you guys received your scoresheets from SA? Cause I haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nope...have heard nothing. Sent a email to them a couple days ago and still nothing. First time this has happened. I will not enter again. All times I entered, had results nlt mid august. I'm NOT giving up my beer for free anymore!

I emailed them too. Took a while, but the lady said they're on the way, along with a gift.

Got mine as well today. 2 sheets and a light blue T-shirt. Was hoping for a hat. Lol. At least finally got feedback.

Same for me. Finally got 2 score sheets and a tee shirt. How did you guys do with scores?

I actually took a step back from excellent to very good. A little surprised as I thought this beer was better than the last I sent. It was a different style then last time, so next year I'll remake one of them and try again.lol.

My porter received a 38.5 and said to be a good example of the style. So not really flawed, but lacking complexity. A little boring, I guess.

Back