Long, Skinny Tray for 5-Tap Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's time for me to look at drip trays.

Because I always seem to do things differently, I will have 5 taps on the front of a small keezer. I have been advised to put them on 3.5" centers because 4 are flow control. The other is a stout tap. The farthest taps will be 14" away from each other, so I believe I need a tray 18" long.

I will have a collar on the keezer. I was thinking there might be a way to attach metal straps to a tray and hang it from screws in the collar. I can barely TIG anything, but I might pull this off.

Anyway, if anyone can show me some good options, I would appreciate it. I have seen long, narrow trays, but they all seem to be surface-mount.

I had described this to you in one of your other threads and just now found the picture of it (here)

667592-IMG-9779.jpg

You can find a bunch of "How Do I Hang My Keezer Drip Tray" threads here...

Cheers!

I made up my mind. I'm getting a 16" wall mount tray like the one from Morebeer. It has keyholes at the top corners to hang it. I'll take two pieces of 1"x1/8" steel bar, tap two holes near the ends, and screw the other ends to the collar. Then I'll put screws in the free ends and hang the tray on them. I'll get me some glue-on rubber feet to hold the tray off the keezer, and I'll paint the steel straps with truck bed coating. Easy.

Here is what I have at the moment. If I redo the collar, I'll put the faucets 1/4" closer together. I didn't find any long wall mount trays I was willing to pay for, so this is the best I could do. It catches drips, but there is very little margin of error.

I haven't painted the straps, and I plan to fiddle with them and add two more screws to attach them firmly and position them a little better.

01 31 23 drip tray on keezer no paint small.jpg

It's time for me to look at drip trays.

Because I always seem to do things differently, I will have 5 taps on the front of a small keezer. I have been advised to put them on 3.5" centers because 4 are flow control. The other is a stout tap. The farthest taps will be 14" away from each other, so I believe I need a tray 18" long.

I will have a collar on the keezer. I was thinking there might be a way to attach metal straps to a tray and hang it from screws in the collar. I can barely TIG anything, but I might pull this off.

Anyway, if anyone can show me some good options, I would appreciate it. I have seen long, narrow trays, but they all seem to be surface-mount.
This is such a great idea. I have been thinking for the last year what to do.

If any one is still interested, this is the current version. I plan to redo the faucets a little closer together so they are not so close to the sides of the tray. I may shorten the steel straps that hold it up, and I will probably paint them and put adhesive rubber feet on the back of them and the back of the tray to prevent damage to the paint. I will also grind the sharp corners off the top of the tray.

It pops off or on in one second. It will hold whatever you can fit on it if you have a reason to use it for that purpose.

Anyway, it's not all that elegant, but I couldn't ask for anything more practical.

It's not crooked. I just held the camera at a funny angle.

02 11 23 drip tray on keezer small.jpg

Latest posts

Back