Long Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stldrum

Reaction score
What is the longest fermentation you have had? I have a stout going that the recipe said it should be 2 to 3 days and at day 5 I am still getting a bubble every 15 seconds and the krausen is a long way from dropping. It looks like a gooey yeasty mess on top.

:drunk:

I'm fixing to bottle a scotch ale that took 12 days before the krausen fell, and I've got a dunkelweizen in secondary that took ten. Like children, each beer is unique. :cool:

But unlike children, I love having beer around!

Hey kids are great, I never bothered getting married and having any of my own but I have a bunch of Nieces and Nephews. I love it when they come and visit, and after a few days I love it more when they leave. :p

Nope, ABV is driven by malt/sugar content. My two lastest batches: a 9.5% barley wine took two days, the porter is around 5.5% and that took a week.

My longest regular ferment was almost two weeks.

Good to hearHB Bill. My Hefe Weizen has been in the primary 10 days tomorrow, but I'm going to rack to the secondary and add raspberries (not necessarily in that order). This'll be my first fruit brew, hope it turns out well.

I brewed a excellant Belgain Ale that had active fermation for 4 weeks, turned out great

Back