Liquid post won’t connect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve50

Reaction score
Have a Kego corney keg. The liquid connection won’t snap on to the post on one of my kegs, but it snaps onto my other keg. Do I need to replace the post or connector?

Thanks, Steve

Have a Kego corney keg. The liquid connection won’t snap on to the post on one of my kegs, but it snaps onto my other keg. Do I need to replace the post or connector?

Thanks, Steve
I would remove it, take it apart and thoroughly clean and sanitize it, keg lube on the seals and re-install it. If you still have issues use a new post.

Fairly new (to you) keg? Try a gas disconnect if you haven't already. If it works, then replace the post with the correct liquid one. I need to do this with one of my small Torpedo kegs. The liquid post on mine only works with a gas disconnect.

I have a couple quick disconnects where the ball bearings that latch onto the groove on the post are the wrong distance from the top of the inside of the connector so they can't latch on. Throw them away and buy high quality ones from somewhere other than Amazon if Keg lube doesnt work.

A squirt with Star San usually does the trick too if they are just sticky O-rings

I purchased a couple Kegco Kegs used, and I have to use gas posts on the liquid side. Rather than be irritated by it, I made them my mineral water kegs, so there is no confusion as to which tap is which, or what's in the kegs.

I agree with th "tear it down and clean it up, then put it back together right" post. Most likely it's just gunked closed. A good soak in hot water will work wonders sometimes. Another problem is, if it's been pulled apart recently, it might have been put back together incorrectly. I've seen them put in lopsided, 2 tubes put in (instead of just 1 gas or dipstick), etc. All kinds of boneheaded things (and sometimes it wasn't even ME that did it... :drunk:)

Latest posts

Back