Liquid honey vs granulated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABier

Reaction score
If I were to use granulated or powdered honey how much would be needed to replace a pound of liquid honey?

This isn't necessarily true. It's just had the water removed - it contains the same pollen and sugars that were present in liquid form. Akin to a dehydrated fruit - it's still fruit.

Whether or not it is even remotely suitable for mead is another matter.

If you really want to try it, you'd have to rehydrate and measure the ratio of crystals to water you use until you get an equivalent gravity

Last edited:
This isn't necessarily true. It's just had the water removed - it contains the same pollen and sugars that were present in liquid form. Akin to a dehydrated fruit - it's still fruit.
Granulated Honey And Powdered Honey

Ingredients added to powdered and granulated honey
During my investigations, I have found products that were labelled as powdered or granulated honey, sometimes contained one or more of the following ingredients added or labelled as follows:

Wheat starch
Soy
refiners' syrup
Calcium stearate [anti-caking]
Soy lechithin
Sucrose (refined sugar)
Cane Juice
I discovered product on Amazon.com where, upon close examination of the label, ‘Sucrose’ was the first listed ingredient - i.e. before honey. However, the Amazon description was written in such a manner where ‘honey’ was the first ingredient listed, potentially implying that honey was the main ingredient when this was not the case!

i'll disagree with you on that, unless you're very careful then it's basically honey flavored sugar,

Latest posts

Back