Lime Peel and Sorachi Ace?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
I'm part of a NOVA/DC inter-club contest called the Iron Mug. Inspired by Iron Chef the contest gives you special ingredients that must be highlighted in the entries. This year the ingredients are two ounces of Sorachi Ace (which has a lemon character) and a pack of dried lime peel. Happy to hear any and all suggestions.

My current thought is to just put the hops and peel in a French press and add the extract to a few bottles of cherry Flanders Red I just bottled (sort of a Lime Ricky thing...). I also have ingredients for a Hefe and a Kolsch, but I'm not sure I want to spend a whole 5 gallon batch on the ingredients... Thoughts?

Adding the extract to a Hefe would be interesting and I think that it would turn out quite well. I plan on brewing a Hefe soon that will focus on using Sorachi Ace since I have quite a bit of it in leaf form. Montanaandy

I brewed the Hefe today, so I'll try adding the hop/spice tea to a couple of the bottles a couple weeks. Thanks for the input. Good luck you your batch.

Back