Life span of an aluminum pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradinator

Reaction score
I am an avid kitchen home brewer, doing full boils on my stove top. I have been using an 6.5 G aluminum turkey pot and it has served me well over 50+ beers.

Though it still seems sturdy enough I am starting to wonder if there is a life span to these type of pots, especially when I am constantly putting it under such duress.

I the thought of having the bottom give out of this well I am moving it from the stove is a bit terrifying because that much boiling liquid... Well you get the idea.

I may just be worrying over nothing but was hoping someone had some experience or opinion on this.

most restaurants have a multitude of aluminum pots and they are old as the hills.
i have years of experience in commercial kitchens. Made 15 gallons of stock every day for 2 years in the same aluminum pot.

Awesome thank you very much for the response. I definitely don't use the pot as much as a kitchen does so if they are standing the test of time I guess I am worrying over nothing.

Thanks again!

I think it depends on how thick/cheap the pot is. if its a thick commercial grade pot it will last forever. If its a pot like the ones that come with the inexpensive turkey fryers that is just a little thicker then tin foil it may have a shorter life span.

Back