Lid Mounted Fermenter Thermometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mase

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I searched all over but didn't see anywhere where my question had been previously posted so I apologize if I missed it.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make a lid mounted primary thermometer. I was thinking something like a food grade digital or analog being put into a Fermenter lid by drilling a small hole in it then siliconing it in so that the thermo can be submerged in the wort and still air tight.

Any ideas guys?

I think a lot of people prefer the thermowell approach, which is basically a tube that dips down into the wort through the bung and into which you can put a thermometer of your choice. A quick search for "thermowell" should get the job done.

I use a thermo tape like a fish tank rainbow tape type thermometer. Just stick it to the side of your carboy and it will give you a pretty accurate reading of the beer inside. You can find them at your local home brew shop.

Back