lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 Gallons of Black IPA

FullSizeRender.jpg

Was told by SWMBO to have enough for my son's baptism party so I have a Brody Brown Ale II, Blue Moon clone and Ed's Aphfelwein rdy to go with Chicago Liberty (SA Boston Luger with Liberty hops) and an IPA in the keg. It should be fun.

beer carboy.jpg

OVcLCmp

Brewed a NE style pale on Sunday.

10 lbs Pale 2 Row
2 lbs flaked oats

Apollo (60 minutes)
Citra and Mosaic (whirlpool/dry hopping)

What stopper and size tubing are you using for the blowoff setup? I need to setup a blowoff for my fermonster.

Thanks in advance!

It's a number 10 stopper, air lock, and 1/2" ID tubing connected to the center post of the airlock. I tried to set it up without the airlock, but couldn't find the right tubing to fit anything.

It's a 7 gallon, and yes, I have needed it...

20170104_153553_zpswadmxzxp_edit_1483567278448_zpsecellk3y.jpg

It's a number 10 stopper, air lock, and 1/2" ID tubing connected to the center post of the airlock. I tried to set it up without the airlock, but couldn't find the right tubing to fit anything.

It's a 7 gallon, and yes, I have needed it...

Thanks for the info! I've never thought about placing the tubing on the airlock. WOW that was some crazy fermentation! I feel like I never have krausen like that, but maybe that's due to using fermcap during the boil.

Quick DME DH Pale for my wedding shower. Magnum bitters, Amarillo/citra flameout, Simcoe/Citra/Mosaic/Amarillo dry-hop. Forgot to add whirfloc

IMG_0671.jpg

Quick DME DH Pale for my wedding shower. Magnum bitters, Amarillo/citra flameout, Simcoe/Citra/Mosaic/Amarillo dry-hop. Forgot to add whirfloc

If that doesnt work out, just bottle it and send it to me, and ill properly dispose of the hazards of no clarifying agent:p

Looks good!

Bell's Two Hearted Ale using the recipe from their website. I use an unused basement bathroom as my fermentation chamber. It's not unsanitary I promise. :)

fermenter.jpg

Started my lambic project. This is the first barrel of two that I currently have. Hope to get more barrels and get a nice pipe line and be able to blend Gueuze at my house.

20170501_194957_resized.jpg

Well it was a great week. Let's list it out
10 gal- Tree House IPA clone
10 gal- Trillium IPA clone
10 gal- Wheat (getting fruit added next week)
10 gal- Farmhouse ( 7 gal straight into Gin barrel Solaris program)
60 gal- Lambic ( That will go into buffalo trace barrel with yeast bay AMALGAMATION Brett blend) in all 110gal with over runs.
This is what happens when all of the guys take a break from brewing and then we all jump back in full tilt.

20170514_083907.jpg

Also I posted a pic filling a barrel a few days ago. Well it has funk working now. I used the Yeast Bay- Melange ( "This blend contains two Saccharomyces cerevisiae isolates, Saccharomyces fermentati, five Brettanomyces isolates, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus delbreuckii and Pediococcus damnosus." ) It smells great already!! Now the wait begins.

20170513_121143.jpg

I liked the Two Hearted Ale recipe so much that I ran ten gallons of it this time.

20170625_192413.jpg

20170625_183917.jpg

Back