Let’s make a Blonde from hops on hand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romex2121

Reaction score
Wanna use up grains and hops I have left over from other recipes ,
I have the grains to put together a 2 ta 3 gal. ( 4.5ish ABV) blonde by combining left over 2 row & Pilsner malts and maybe using some
wh . wheat , carapills and Vienna ..
really im looking for suggestions on hop combinations with what I have (and need to use up ),,
looking to stay within 20 ta 23 IBU’s .....
hops I have - Saaz 2oz , hersbrucker 2oz , citra 1.5 oz , Crystal 2oz (2.3AA) , galena 1.5oz , the following hops are open and have maybe 1/2oz or so in each pack ,
Perle , simcoe , tettnang , Columbus, Columbus Ctz , and maybe a little less than 1/2 oz of centennial . Again just trying to use up what I have and I’m not experienced enough to say this and that would work good together,, so out of what I have what hops would work good together for a nice good tasting blonde ?
I’m also not opposed to a single hop to hit 20 -23 IBU ( if there’s enough of the one hop) as long as it’s not bitter ..

Wanna use up grains and hops I have left over from other recipes ,
I have the grains to put together a 2 ta 3 gal. ( 4.5ish ABV) blonde by combining left over 2 row & Pilsner malts and maybe using some
wh . wheat , carapills and Vienna ..
really im looking for suggestions on hop combinations with what I have (and need to use up ),,
looking to stay within 20 ta 23 IBU’s .....
hops I have - Saaz 2oz , hersbrucker 2oz , citra 1.5 oz , Crystal 2oz (2.3AA) , galena 1.5oz , the following hops are open and have maybe 1/2oz or so in each pack ,
Perle , simcoe , tettnang , Columbus, Columbus Ctz , and maybe a little less than 1/2 oz of centennial . Again just trying to use up what I have and I’m not experienced enough to say this and that would work good together,, so out of what I have what hops would work good together for a nice good tasting blonde ?
I’m also not opposed to a single hop to hit 20 -23 IBU ( if there’s enough of the one hop) as long as it’s not bitter ..

Nothing wrong with some Saaz for bittering and nice late hop additions of citra, columbus and CTZ.

You can't wrong with your late hop additions with any american C hop.

Back