Less than 5 gallon batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there are but you can just do the math and convert any recipe to any size batch.

multiply ingredients by what you want divide by original batch amount recipe? What about the water.....same thing?

Thanks. Don't want to spend $$$ and have a larger batch not turn out until I am more experienced.

Thanks. Don't want to spend $$$ and have a larger batch not turn out until I am more experienced.

I wouldn't worry about that and besides, it against the rules to worry. You'll enjoy your first batch and you'll be bummed that you don't have more of it.

I was thinking it might be kinda cool to be able to do smaller batches too. Like, if I have a 5 gallon boil pot, and want to do 2.5 gallons of beer, into a 3 gallon carboy, it would theoretically all be possible indoors on my stovetop and sink, instead of brewing outdoors.

Apart from not making a massive quantity of beer... it would seem to be a fun thing to do. Would anyone have reason to REGRET an additional small carboy? I could imagine that being super useful for experimenting. Like bottling some direct from the primary, and then putting the rest in a secondary to see if it makes a dramatic difference... making one batch into 2 kinds of beer (stout and coffee stout, for example.)

I can see what seem to be obvious reasons to have a second set of toys for brewing smaller batches indoors.

And then BLAM.

That's how it starts, right? (Beer Gear Acquisition Syndrome/BeerGAS)

Well, there's no price on a good time. :)

Latest posts

Back