Leinenkugals Honey Weiss recipe anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggy

Reaction score
Although I am not a huge fan of it, it's about as craft brew as my roomate gets. I want him to get a little kick of this this "beer making thing" as possible so does anyone have a recipe for this american pale honey wheat?

TIA!

Greg

The "Pistols & Pesos" recipe in my recipes dropdown is a light American wheat that has honey as an ingredient. It won't be a dead-on clone of Leinie's HoneyWeiss, but it's pretty mild and will get you in the ballpark.

Yuri_Rage said:
The "Pistols & Pesos" recipe in my recipes dropdown is a light American wheat that has honey as an ingredient. It won't be a dead-on clone of Leinie's HoneyWeiss, but it's pretty mild and will get you in the ballpark.

That looks nice! Any hints on conversion to extract?

Greg

Yuri_Rage said:
What size batch? I'll convert for you.

5 gallon full boil. Thanks so much!! I greatly appreciate your time and effort.... and recipe!!!

Greg

Pistols & Pesos 5 gallon extract batch (full boil)

3 lbs 4 oz Wheat DME
2 lbs 8 oz Light DME
.75 oz Tettnang (4.5% AA) at 60 mins
8 oz Honey at flameout
White Labs WLP300 American Hefe Yeast

Yuri_Rage said:
Pistols & Pesos 5 gallon extract batch (full boil)

3 lbs 4 oz Wheat DME
2 lbs 8 oz Light DME
.75 oz Tettnang (4.5% AA) at 60 mins
8 oz Honey at flameout
White Labs WLP300 American Hefe Yeast

Excellent!! I am sensing a new session brew!

Thanks a mil

Greg

I'm looking forward to hearing your results!

I had a lot of friends comment, "this is the best hefeweizen I've ever had!" Of course, they drink Pyramid and Shiner hefe, so...your brother should enjoy it!

What if I used a non-wheat yeast instead of the Wheat yeast? I am looking for a variation of the wheat yeast to meet the non-wheat (sadly) looks and taste of the leinies.

Thanks

Greg

Would this recipe be any different if I'm doing a 5 gallon batch with only a 3 gallon boil? I do not have a large enough pot yet and really want to make this beer.

Thanks!

What if I used a non-wheat yeast instead of the Wheat yeast? I am looking for a variation of the wheat yeast to meet the non-wheat (sadly) looks and taste of the leinies.

Thanks

Greg

Try US-05. I use it for American Style wheats, including my upcoming stab at a Leines Sunset Wheat clone.

Thanks

Greg

Have you tried this yet. I'm interested also. My wife loves Honey Weiss.

BTW, I work in Rochester

Pingwin77 said:
Would this recipe be any different if I'm doing a 5 gallon batch with only a 3 gallon boil? I do not have a large enough pot yet and really want to make this beer.

I do 3 gallon boils also. Same question, does the recipe change........anyone, anyone??? :p

Yuri, I brewed a very similar beer in late fall sans the honey, and had it for Christmas. Fantastic. I used US-06 and surprisingly had great results although I hear that this yeast can be fussy at times. I will tell you, this beer went in one day noon to 8PM and there were only 4 of us drinking it.

This recipe is a winner for sure...

WW

Back