Leaving new beer at 30 psi.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless it's a boisterous hefe, it'll likely be overcarbed at that temp/pressure combination for three days.

But it isn't that big a deal to tame it over a day or two.
Just shut the gas off completely and pop the PRV every time you think of it...

Cheers!

It will over carb. Which sucks for an ipa because lowering the carb will blow off aroma...

I would shut off the gas and just use stored pressure to pour it. It will be bubbly at first but as the co2 comes out into the head space it will calm down. If your line is short it will pour foamy with the high carb level.

3 days? Firefighter?

Yeap, firefighter.

I talked my wife through shutting off the CO2 and relieving the pressure. I'll force carb when I get home on Monday.

At least it didn't sit for three days at 30 psi. It's all good, I don't want to blow off any aroma

Yeap, firefighter.

I talked my wife through shutting off the CO2 and relieving the pressure. I'll force carb when I get home on Monday.

At least it didn't sit for three days at 30 psi. It's all good, I don't want to blow off any aroma

I don't know if your wife has ever released pressure on a keg before, but if not I bet it would have been priceless to see the reaction on her face when it made its loud hiss. I can say that for sure about my wife, I would have pissed myself seeing her freak out. I probably would have ended up with a sore shoulder from her hitting me while I was laughing.

I have only kegged one beer, but I've watched videos on how to handle overcarbed beer and it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal at all, other than just wasting CO2.

Cheers

Back