Leaking C02 equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan2539

Reaction score
If I leave my CO2 tank with its main valve shut but the line still pressurized and disconnected from a keg, is it a bad sign that the pressure drops on the secondary gauge of my tank eventually? I have an old micromatic regulator and my last fill of CO2 seemed to last a very short time. I think a leak somewhere is possible. If I hook my tank up to a keg and hold my ear to the CO2 tank I can hear the tank continuously making a very faint hiss.

If I leave my CO2 tank with its main valve shut but the line still pressurized and disconnected from a keg, is it a bad sign that the pressure drops on the secondary gauge of my tank eventually? I have an old micromatic regulator and my last fill of CO2 seemed to last a very short time. I think a leak somewhere is possible. If I hook my tank up to a keg and hold my ear to the CO2 tank I can hear the tank continuously making a very faint hiss.

Spray the connections with Starsan. If there is a leak it will bubble.

Could my symptoms be caused by the regulator more likely? Can I put starsan directly on the regulator to find leaks? I just got a new line kit. Should I open the keg diconnect and put keg lube on its internal o rings. It's brand new. I have a check valve on a wye fitting for use with my beer gun. Should this be capped when not in use? Sorry for all the questions lol.

I'd spray the regulator. There's a good chance that that is where the leak is coming from. I just got a kegging kit and my regulator, fresh out of the box, had a leak at the primary gauge connection. I found it, took apart the regulator, added some teflon tape and now it's perfectly sealed. :ban:

Use the soapy solution on the regulator and all connections, pinpoint the leak and fix it. Good luck!

Missed a set of threads on a ss to brass connection when I was tephelon taping. Taped that spot. Also put my pin lock connector under some starsan and noticed a few bubbles. Opened it up and put some keg lube on the gaskets. Problem solved, thanks for the input guys! :mug:

Back