Leak question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rman18

Reaction score
Last week I lost a tank of co2 to a leak after hooking up a new keg.... Not a huge deal as I'm fortunate enough to have a great supplier really close by.

I refilled the tank, found and fixed a leak then I pressurized the two kegs and shut off the co2 tank. The pressure in the tanks was 11psi, seven hours later they were at 9 psi. I attributed the loss from one of my beers not being fully carbed yet. Does this sounds right or do you think I have another leak somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Beer that isn't fully carbed will keep absorbing CO2 if temperature vs CO2 pressure allow, so I'd be inclined to agree with your conclusion - with the caveat that there could indeed still be a leak somewhere...

Cheers!

Something I always check now just in case is using soapy water and spraying it on my regulator as well. I fought a tiny leak one time for a while and then happen to hear a tiny hiss when moving my CO2 bottle. Come to find out one of my pressure gauges somehow just started leaking. Might have gotten bumped or something. Just re-taped the gauge, and now good to go.
Just a little advice that its not always the keg, seen cracks in hoses where the clamp connects too from people tightening it too much.

Latest posts

Back