lawnmower beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artbrewer

Reaction score
started a new brew today...the guy at the brew store set me up with these in gredients:1: 4 lbs mounmellick light lager LME
2: 2 lbs. extra light DME
3: 1 oz. of spalt select pellet hops

boiled DME&LME for 50 min then added the hops for 10 more min.

sound like anything good?

the starting hydro reading was 1.051

You boiled the extract for an hour and the hops for only 10 minutes? You probably should have added a pound or two of extract with the hops at the beginning of the boil then the remaining extract with 10 minutes remaining. This will end up darker and sweeter than intended.

started a new brew today...the guy at the brew store set me up with these in gredients:1: 4 lbs mounmellick light lager LME
2: 2 lbs. extra light DME
3: 1 oz. of spalt select pellet hops

Was the LME pre-hopped?

Mountmellick Light Lager is made from 100% Irish 2 row spring barley and the finest European hops. It will create a full-bodied golden Irish Lager Style Beer.

Since the LME was pre-hopped, the recipe should turn out fairly well. Spalt is a good aroma hop for summer brews.

An hour-long partial boil with all your extract in will make it a bit darker, but otherwise it looks to be a crisp refreshing lawnmower beer.
S-05 I presume?

Since the LME was pre-hopped, the recipe should turn out fairly well. Spalt is a good aroma hop for summer brews.

Aaah, pre-hopped extract. I didn't even consider that. This recipe makes a little more sense now.

looks like the brew guy knows his biz...i guess he should i know, he's been in business since 1991, will report on the final result when its done

thanks

Back