last extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasemandingo

Reaction score
So I am shortly entering the world of all grain. However, I have 6 lbs of maris otter lme to burn through b4 I do my first all grain batch. I want to do a full volume boil to test boil off rate on my new 15 gallon kettle. What would you all brew it you were in my shoes. I used a previous 6lbs of mo to brew a ordinary bitter that after pitching a bad batch of wyeast1968 and fermenting way too hot I have 30 bottles of a potentially undrinkable beer. It tastes as if I accidentally poured some star San directly into the fermenting wort lol. So please no suggestions toward a bitter lol.....I no everybody probably hates these kind of questions but I am at a loss for what to make. Any help greatly appreciated!

Perhaps I should say that I like all types of beer and should maybe brew something good for fall/winter?

Brew a nice pale ale! My personal favorites include cascade hops...but you can go with anything from centennial, warrior, galaxy citra...whatever type of flavor profile you're looking for be creative!

:mug:

I have been wanting to try citra hops that could make a nice pale.... But what about something more malt oriented? I could throw in some extra light malt extract to bump up the og to 1.075ish and hop at around 30 ibus. I have .5lbs of UK Crystal and a pound of biscuit......

Back