Lancaster-Harrisburg area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmay10

Reaction score
I am from the Lancaster Harrisburg area of PA and found a new love. Cooking was a prior love of mine that now has a little more science involved. I just finished a batch of ale that was a little watery at 3.7% but it is not bad. I am going to bottle some lager tomorrow that has been sitting for a few weeks in a 35 degree fridge. I have learned that making beer is like asking your friend to tell you who will be the next president- the answers vary and we are all correct. I love this place and am enjoying a hobby that will last a lifetime. My exciting homebrew that will be made near the end of summer will be a sour cherry stout made with home grown sour cherries. I can't wait and I am excited to join this forum. A new sentence in my vocabulary is from Dr. P as I call him- "relax, have a homebrew!" That is my new motto.

Another central PA'er here. I live on the east side of Lancaster, near Costco. Was over at Mr. Steves this morning getting some last minute things. Have you looked a the stuff Bubes has for sale? Are there prices / selection / quality good?

Welcome, from yet another Lancaster area brewer. There are many of us here.

Sit back, enjoy yourself, and we'll see around the forum.

Bube's does not have much of a selection at all. I wouldn't really go there but if you want something ordered- the guy will do it for for. I actually went there about 2 weeks ago and talked to the brew master for a while. I bought a growler of the Belgian Dubbel - it was pretty good. Did you try Troeg's Nector Nugget yet?? That is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. I am in between Mount Joy and Etown. Good to know Lancaster is being represented in here.

stevea1210 said:
Another central PA'er here. I live on the east side of Lancaster, near Costco. Was over at Mr. Steves this morning getting some last minute things. Have you looked a the stuff Bubes has for sale? Are there prices / selection / quality good?
I sampled some of Bube's stuff at the Winterfest at General Lafayette. It was good! I fully intend to stop in for a meal and some brews when I'm out in that area.

Welcome aboard, Lancaster-ers. :mug:

gmay10 said:
Did you try Troeg's Nector Nugget yet?? That is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. I am in between Mount Joy and Etown. Good to know Lancaster is being represented in here.

Yeah, I'm on my second case of it. I also had it at the brewery a few weeks ago. Also on cask at General sutter. I have grown an obsession over that beer :)

Welcome. I'm from Harrisburg area and my girlfriend is from Lititz... I've been to Bube's (and every other PA brewery [or almost at least] - tons of them around obviously), but not for a year or so. Are they actually brewing their own stuff again? Last time I was out they had no brewmaster...

If you are into Belgians, try to get to Iron Hill on Columbia Ave. right now. They have a 'Saison Extra' out now and its excellent. Had one Saturday evening, excellent stuff.

Anyway, nice 'meeting you' and hope to see you around. There is a Lancaster County group brew-day going on May 31st I believe if you check the events forum...

PS - Sipped a Nugget Nectar with my tacos tonight for dinner tonight. My case is going pretty quickly... Definitely good stuff. :ban:

gmay10 said:
I am from the Lancaster Harrisburg area of PA and found a new love. Cooking was a prior love of mine that now has a little more science involved. I just finished a batch of ale that was a little watery at 3.7% but it is not bad. I am going to bottle some lager tomorrow that has been sitting for a few weeks in a 35 degree fridge. I have learned that making beer is like asking your friend to tell you who will be the next president- the answers vary and we are all correct. I love this place and am enjoying a hobby that will last a lifetime. My exciting homebrew that will be made near the end of summer will be a sour cherry stout made with home grown sour cherries. I can't wait and I am excited to join this forum. A new sentence in my vocabulary is from Dr. P as I call him- "relax, have a homebrew!" That is my new motto.
welcome to yet another central Pa brewer! This is a hooby that can consume your time. You'll find a lot of good advice here as well as meet quite a few local brewers. There is a homebrew club that meets at lancaster brewing company I think it's the last wed of each month. I plan on attending their next meeting.

warrior

Latest posts

Back