labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyzero

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... has anyone ever actually labeled any of their beers before?

i have named the beer but never labeled - most of my friends are on a wash/return/refill policy and i would think labels woudl just get in my way in the sanitization process.

I've been thinking of labeling the caps but at the moment I've only got one brew in bottles.

i have some beer label paper, and have been working on label design in photoshop just like late at night when im bored with nothing to do. havent actually finished a label yet though. for now i just take a sharpie to the cap and put initials for the beers name on it.

Brew Your Own has a contest every year for hombrew brew labels. Always entertaining. Here is a link for the 2004 winners:

http://***********/feature/1203.html

Prosit,

I've made the picture for my labels but havn't gotten the label paper or anything. I was going to use just printer paper and some type of glue on them but not finding any glues i want to use yet. I live 300 miles from any brew store and it's not always easy to use the mail system as it can get expensive.
I just made up my first batch and it's still two weeks till it's ready to go out to my Amateur Taste Testers so still looking for someway to attach my labels so they won't fall off when taken out of the fridge but are easy to soak off in the sink.

I print labels on plain paper and just use a glue stick on the edges, and it works great, hot water rinse and they just fall right off!

I actually number my brews. For instance, 5001 is the 1st batch for 2005. I am up to 5010 now or the 10th batch in 2005.

I write 5010 about 10 times on a file label and cut them off and place them on the caps.

I also have a small inventory list of my beers so I know what a 5010 is later.

i made some at work. we have a computer that cuts vinyl stickers, like what they use for car decals. i've washed them about 6 times since i put them on and havn't had any problems.

my mother used to do it the labour intensive way and lable her wine each batch with the computer printable sticker paper, then have to wash all the lables off for the next batch because they were a different type of wine. but i just made mine a generic "duggy's brew" lable and i just write what type it is on the cap.

Back