Label Removing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire_travels

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new to homebrewing and just like everyone elts I am very excited about ramping up perduction! I have read some post about cleaning the labels off of reused bottles and I found that soaking the bottles after everynight of consumption in soapy dish water (Dawn) for about 1/2 - 1 hour then pealing the paper off and using steal wool ( the real rine stuff i.e. 400) to get the glue off! I just did 24 bottles for my first batch and they look really clean! And yes I did clean and sanitize all of the bottles again before racking! Very easy and little time!

I was thinking the other day ..... What is the diference between alcoholics and homebrewers?...........................?

Oxyclean will get the labels and glue off after a soak - may want to consider that.

As far as the difference between home brewers and alcoholics? I'd say that I brew and drink for fun, not because I have too. I know a bunch of guys here that don't even drink enough beer to catch a buzz.

...then of course, there are those that are both homebrewers AND alcoholics - lol

olllllo said:
I've never fallen down and pissed myself because I brewed too much.

Then maybe you're just not brewing enough. :D

Oxyclean + hot hot water + 30 min = minimal work removing label and glue

I tried the OxyClean method just the other night.

I was amazed on how well it worked. Was able to do 2 cases of used bottles in no time at all.

Just bottled my first batch last night. mmmmm beer!

Back