Label Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madinaman

Reaction score
I brewed a beer in honor of my friend who recently passed away. We were supposed to brew a beer together before he passed away of cancer, and he loved malty beers, and was of Scottish decent, so I brewed a Belhaven Wee Heavy Clone but added some maple syrup and oats and hit it with brett C in the secondary... He once brewed and oatmeal maple stout that he ruined bad, and this was my tribute to him.... The name of the beer is Auld Lang Syne, and I plan on waxing the bottle tops and making a label, and having one with him, at his grave site, every year on his birthday, which happens to be the day after mine. Just looking for some thoughts and ideas. Thanks everyone!

Sorry about your loss.

One of my friends passed away a few years back and I've always planned on brewing a beer for him. He was a huge movie geek and knew way too much about way too many movies. Anyways, I planned on incorporating film reels and the Dallas Cowboys star into the label somehow because those are the 2 things that remind me most of him.

So maybe a hobby that you guys enjoyed together besides brewing, or something that reminds you of him? This may be too cheesey for you, but I can't wait to get mine completed.

that's a great idea... He was big into SciFi, music, traveling, etc. I will have to see what I can come up with that screams something about him while honoring his beer as well!

Back