Kwak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewinator

Reaction score
Went to a restaurant that has a lot of Belgian beers tonight, tried a Kwak. Absolutely love the glass and stand and the beer was quite tasty to boot. I need to find a couple of those glasses for my bar.

I agree the Kwak bottles are cool, in a bong kind of way. Not sure they have the same meaning away from Belgium/ Amsterdam as they do there.

They sell them in Europe. Not sure how you would get them in North America. I thought about bringing some back on my trip there, but packing them would be a nightmare.

I've seen the glasses for sale in a couple of places too. Actually, now that you mention it, it might make a cool birthday present for my wife... Thanks for the idea! :mug:

I remember when Spencer Gifts had one like that,but a meter tall! Seems to me I've seen something like that on Amazon,& the store on the brew fanatics site.

I have a similar glass called a "half yard of ale" because it is 1.5ft tall. Fits 3 pints, I think.

I picked my kwak glass/stand up around the holidays. Keep an eye out for when they do boxed gift sets.

As I recall it it something like a "das boot" type of phenomenon where it makes a funny gurgle when you drink down to the oddly shaped bottom?

Yes...quick google found this

Kwak is an interesting Google, half beer, the other half is Asian chicks in their underwear.

I picked up one of those glasses/wooden stands for my brother in a boxed gift pack thing last time I was in Belgium. Definitely a dramatic way to present a pint, and I do enjoy the beer as well - which reminds me, I think I still have a bottle in the fridge...

Back