Kombucha recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric19312

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anybody point me at a collection of Kombucha recipes similar to the recipe folders we have here in homebrewtalk? I've expanded my keezer and am thinking it should be easy enough to keep a keg of kombucha on tap.

Alternatively if it sounds interesting to enough HBTers maybe we could get a tab over in the recipe section? We got wine and cider there already maybe there is room?

I don't have a link to a collection of Kimbucha recipes here, but consider getting the Big Book of Kombucha which has a lot of recipes.
I keep a 2 1/2 gallon keg of Kombucha on tap at all times, but it is a bit tricky getting the timing right. I learned that the hard way that if I kegged kombucha without having room in the keezer, it would continue to ferment in the keg at room temperature resulting in kombucha that is too tart to drink. On the flip side, if I waited too long to make a new batch, the keg on tap would run out with no replacement ready. It is a lot trickier than kegging beer and keeping a beer pipeline going. Good luck.

I don't have a link to a collection of Kimbucha recipes here, but consider getting the Big Book of Kombucha which has a lot of recipes.
I keep a 2 1/2 gallon keg of Kombucha on tap at all times, but it is a bit tricky getting the timing right. I learned that the hard way that if I kegged kombucha without having room in the keezer, it would continue to ferment in the keg at room temperature resulting in kombucha that is too tart to drink. On the flip side, if I waited too long to make a new batch, the keg on tap would run out with no replacement ready. It is a lot trickier than kegging beer and keeping a beer pipeline going. Good luck.

thanks @pvpeacock I ordered the book and am getting started. I've got a gallon ready through first fermentation and planning to bump it up to 5 gallons later today. I'll put on a keg and then start a second batch and after that see how long it lasts. I've got room for 6 kegs on floor of keezer and could fit either one pin lock or two smaller torpedos on the hump so have some flexibility while I figure out balancing consumption with production. Have four people here that enjoy the stuff so pretty sure 5 gallons every three weeks will not be too much production.

Also for anyone reading this I found the more appropriate forum and will post further kombucha related content over there. If a moderator feels like moving this thread to Kombucha & Fermented Tea Forum that would be great.

Back