Knockoff 630SS Perlick thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The downside could be lack of replacement part availability later on so maybe buy a few extra faucets in case. It's not exactly a 630 since the 630 doesn't have a thread-off spout. Who knows what the interior design is.

It's kind of funny how they acknowledge that the forward seal design is patented.

To save what $14-$15 per tap? Money that tight? I mean, it's like buying two pints in a bar difference in price (without tip even here in NYC). I'm all for saving some money but at these small differences just buy the real thing and don't be cheap about it lest you'll be posting on here in a month asking how to fix your leaky faucets that you saved $14 on.

Rev.

It's entirely possible the linked faucet comes from the same factory that knocks out the branded Intertaps, and there is a pretty large Intertap fan base extant. What I've read on HBT has been almost uniformly positive. And the threaded spout is an advantageous feature that Perlick abandoned with the demise of the 425. So I'm not sure there's good cause to presume this is a measurably inferior product.

fwiw, I run a six pack of first-gen 525ss Perls...

Cheers!

To save what $14-$15 per tap? Money that tight?
Rev.

I am putting together a 3 keg system from scratch so yes money is tight. Used Fridge, used 20lb tank, 3 used kegs, 3 new faucets, 3 new shanks, new dual body regulator, new lines, etc. Plus Christmas was like a month ago so still lots a spending just happened the last couple months.

The downside could be lack of replacement part availability later on so maybe buy a few extra faucets in case. It's not exactly a 630 since the 630 doesn't have a thread-off spout. Who knows what the interior design is.

That is a very valid point! This is almost like a perlick and intertap combined. It has flat spot on the front where the perlicks etch their "P".

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Personally I'd go with the ss perlicks. You know what you're getting and the quality is great. I've had some of mine for 8+ years. Never had a problem. My friend bought some chrome knockoffs and they are peeling all over the place. They are expensive, but totally worth the extra money.

Personally I'd go with the ss perlicks. You know what you're getting and the quality is great. I've had some of mine for 8+ years. Never had a problem. My friend bought some chrome knockoffs and they are peeling all over the place. They are expensive, but totally worth the extra money.
I second the possibility of Chrome plating. Not with it. I sucked it up and bought perlicks. They are leaps and bounds better than regular taps.

Back